Rod Raglin

This blog will touch on the experiences I have as a writer (not to be mistaken for my experience as a writer, i.e. how many books I've written, etc); the pleasure and the pain, the joy and the grief, the satisfaction and the frustration, the magic and the reality - have I left anything out, oh yeah, the rejection, rejection and more rejection,  the humiliation and the embarrassment, the jealousy and the resentment - that pretty much covers it, except for why I do it which perhaps I'll realize along the way. Are you totally confused? Good, let's begin.

A mix of fact and fiction makes for a clever, well-written mystery.

The Word Is Murder - Anthony Horowitz

If you like clever, well-written murder mysteries you’ll enjoy The Word is Murder.

An author is recruited by a discredited detective who in turn has been hired as a consultant by his former employer to solve a puzzling murder.

The sleuth wants the writer to tell the story about how he solves the murder and in turn share the rewards of what he’s sure will a bestseller. The author is not so sure–about the detective or the project.

Author Anthony Horowitz mixes fact with fiction and real people with imaginary characters to weave a story that has plenty of twists and turns.

The plot becomes a bit convoluted near the end but not so much as to dismiss it as contrived.