Rod Raglin

This blog will touch on the experiences I have as a writer (not to be mistaken for my experience as a writer, i.e. how many books I've written, etc); the pleasure and the pain, the joy and the grief, the satisfaction and the frustration, the magic and the reality - have I left anything out, oh yeah, the rejection, rejection and more rejection,  the humiliation and the embarrassment, the jealousy and the resentment - that pretty much covers it, except for why I do it which perhaps I'll realize along the way. Are you totally confused? Good, let's begin.

Win a FREE E-BOOK by helping me choose a new cover and title for the re-issue of Spirit Bear.

Vote for your cover preference and suggest a new title for the re-issue of Spirit Bear  for a chance to win an E-Book edition of

- A Camera, A Young Woman, An Uncompromising Ethic

- Love, Loss, Legend

Spirit Bear Cover - Renfrew Ravine #2

Spirit Bear Cover - Cathedral Mountain #1

The Re-issue of Spirit Bear

Originally published January 1, 2010, Spirit Bear is being re-issued with a new cover and title December 1, 2015.

The story is a contemporary romance with a sub-plot that addresses an important environmental issue. This novel is a forerunner to the new genre, Eco-Fi and is as relevant today as it was then.
Here's a brief preview of what the story is about.

What Price Success?

Kimberley James is hoping her new assignment will jump-start her stalled career with a New York corporate relations firm. Her client wants to develop a mega ski resort in northern Canada. Her job is to convince the current owners of the land to sell. With millions of dollars to be made, it seems like a done deal.

Until she runs up against Jonah Baker.

Baker is part owner of a lodge on the land and an ardent environmentalist. He’s not about to permit a development that threatens ancient rain forests and the habitat of the rare and endangered Spirit Bear for any price.

Kim begrudgingly respects his principles before profit, but cannot allow a tree-hugging, bear-loving zealot to derail her fast track to success.

Jonah admires her determination and worldliness, but will fight to the end to stop a materialistic corporate climber from destroying something rare and unique.Will the mythical, white Spirit Bear survive, and what role will it play in resolving

NEW TITLE: Here's some of the new titles being considered:

The Spirit Bear Sacrifice
The Spirit Bear Savior
Saving Spirit Bear
Spirit Bear – To  Save or Sacrifice?

Send me an email at

with your title preference or suggest one of your own. While you’re at it vote for cover #1 or #2

Draw for a FREE E-BOOK will take place September 30, 2015. Winner will be notified and can indicate which novel they would prefer, FOREST or THE BIG PICTURE