Rod Raglin

This blog will touch on the experiences I have as a writer (not to be mistaken for my experience as a writer, i.e. how many books I've written, etc); the pleasure and the pain, the joy and the grief, the satisfaction and the frustration, the magic and the reality - have I left anything out, oh yeah, the rejection, rejection and more rejection,  the humiliation and the embarrassment, the jealousy and the resentment - that pretty much covers it, except for why I do it which perhaps I'll realize along the way. Are you totally confused? Good, let's begin.

Fill up your new E-reader with these #FreeBooks

The BIRD WHISPERER

Mattie Saunders Series - Book 3

Free ‘til Jan. 3 at https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003DS6LEU

Mattie doesn’t believe in love at first sight, maybe not in love at all, so what’s going on with this guy who has been hired to meet her at this remote airport in The Rockies?

Simon is there to take her to a remote cabin in the wilderness to do fieldwork on the Rufus Hummingbird while Bodine, her rock-star partner is on tour for three months with his protegé, Ellwyn, promoting her new album he produced and co-wrote. Mattie’s thinking maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder, but she doubts it.

It’s over, it just hasn’t ended.

She began falling out of love about a year ago. Nothing specific, just a lot of little things; she’s sick of seeing her life portrayed on ET and in tabloids; she can’t stand his pretentious, self-absorbed friends; and except for Pickles and Manny, their two macaws, they have nothing, zero, nada in common.

Regardless, Simon, the only First Nations person she’s ever had a conversation with is igniting sparks without even trying. But why him and why now? Could it be opposites attract; big-city white girl, small-town indigenous boy?

Free ‘til Jan. 3 at https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003DS6LEU