Rod Raglin

This blog will touch on the experiences I have as a writer (not to be mistaken for my experience as a writer, i.e. how many books I've written, etc); the pleasure and the pain, the joy and the grief, the satisfaction and the frustration, the magic and the reality - have I left anything out, oh yeah, the rejection, rejection and more rejection,  the humiliation and the embarrassment, the jealousy and the resentment - that pretty much covers it, except for why I do it which perhaps I'll realize along the way. Are you totally confused? Good, let's begin.

Rewrite, revise, rethink?

I'm about to begin the third rewrite of my latest novel, The Local Rag and am feeling very unmotivated.

Despite the lack of success of my previous novels and plays, I've always been up to for the rewrites of a new work. This time I'm wondering if it's all just and exercise in futility.

What do you do when you're feeling frustrated and dispirited with a project - other than send a message out into the digital void?

Apparently I have 394 followers on this site. How many will respond or are you all like Facebook "friends"?